Personal information protection policies
Mitsubishi Chemical Engineering Corporation acquires and uses information such as the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of its customers (hereinafter referred to as the "Customer") in order to conduct its business smoothly.
We are aware that strict handling of the personal information of its Customer (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") is a duty that is important for the protection of their human rights. To fulfill this duty, we handle Personal Information in accordance with the following privacy policies:
- 1.We abide by the purposes of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws to properly handle Personal Information in accordance with the laws and practices that are generally regarded as fair and reasonable. In addition, we make efforts to improve its handling of Personal Information at appropriate times.
- 2.We have clearly defined rules for the handling of Personal Information and instructs its employees to follow them without fail. We also ask its partners to handle Personal Information appropriately.
- 3.When acquiring Personal Information, we specify and announce the purpose of its use in order to handle Personal Information according to the purpose.
- 4.To prevent Personal Information from leaking out, or being lost or changed, we take all necessary measures for its proper control.
- 5.If we receive a request from its Customer via a given contact points to disclose, correct, or discontinue the use of Personal Information, we take appropriate action.
Procedures for protecting Personal Information
We follow these rules in handling Personal Information.
- 1.Purpose of use
- To conduct the businesses (hereinafter referred to as "Businesses." Businesses (purposes) are as specified in its corporation charter of Appendix 1), we acquire Personal Information that is necessary and uses it for the following purposes:
Procurement of materials; development, production, and sale of products and services; after-sales service; notices of the tasks mentioned above: answers to Customer's inquiries; credit for selling products and services; post-credit control; and other relevant tasks, all of which are associated with its Business activities.
- 2.Disclosure or provision to a third person
- We neither disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party without the prior consent of the Customer, except when legally Required to do so.
- 3.Joint use
- The Personal Information about its Customer collected by we may be shared with its parent company and group companies (for the rules on handling this, see Appendix 2).
- 4.Concerning the handling of Personal Information during recruiting operations
- For recruiting operations, we handle Personal Information in accordance with its Personal Information protection policies. The purposes of the use of this Personal Information are only in relation to hiring activities, such as to provide guides to seminars, interview schedules, access to venues, and pass/fail notices.
Inquiries concerning Personal Information
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, contact the following group.
- *The times for service are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on weekdays.
1-2-2, Nihonbashi-Hongokucho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0021
Appendix 1: Mitsubishi Chemical Engineering Corporation Charter, Article 2 (Businesses (Purposes))
Article 2 The purpose of the company is to carry out the following businesses:
- 1.Engineering, fabrication, sales, leasing, procurement, installation, repair, maintenance, operation, and these tasks on commission, for appliances, devices, equipment, systems, and facilities related to the following fields: oil, gas, petrochemicals, general chemicals, fibers, nuclear power, coal, electricity, electric power, steel, nonferrous metals, water supply, water treatment, agriculture, food, feed, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, medical care, information, communications, air conditioning, traffic control, transportation, storage, packaging, distribution, energy saving, resources development, urban development, pollution prevention, disaster prevention, environmental conservation, and environmental sanitation.
- 2.Design, implementation, and supervision of civil-engineering and construction work.
- 3.Intake of industrial water.
- 4.Generation, supply, and sale of steam and cold air.
- 5.Research, development, investigation, and these tasks on commission, and technical support, and consultation related to the businesses mentioned in the previous items.
- 6.All tasks accompanying the businesses described in the previous items.
Appendix 2 Rules for Sharing Personal Information
|Personal data to be shared||Name of the customer, the name of the organization the customer belongs to, the customer's official title, the customer's personal data such as the address, telephone number, and fax number, and e-mail address|
|Scope of those sharing the personal data||Mec Techno Corporation|
|Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation|
|Purposes of the use of the personal data||Procurement of materials; development, production, and sale of products and services; after-sales service; notices of the tasks mentioned above: answers to customer's inquiries; credit for selling products and services; post-credit control; and other relevant tasks, all of which are associated with the business activities.|
|Organization responsible for the control of shared personal data||Mitsubishi Chemical Engineering Corporation|