Proposal for Reduction of Noise and Environmental Load and Polymer Collection System
In high-pressure polyethylene manufacturing facilities, the decomposition reaction occasionally occurs in the polymerization reaction process, and the temperature and pressure can rise suddenly. As a safety measure against the reaction, generally, operation of an emergency release valve or rupture disk is a method for releasing the gas in the facility into the air from the release tower. By installing the Cyclone Scrubber instead of using the release tower, the gas can be released more safely.
Advantages and Features of Cyclone Scrubber
1Reduction of Noise
The Cyclone Scrubber absorbs the impulsive force of the released gas to reduce the noise. In the nitrogen release test performed at the actual plant, we have records of 84 db at a distance of about 60 m and 75 db or less at a distance of about 150 m.
2Complete Collecting of Dust Particles
All the entrained polymer particles in the released gas can be completely collected.
3Prevention of Ignition
The prevention of ignition accidents caused by static electricity can be expected. No ignition accidents have occurred at production sites where the Cyclone Scrubber is installed.
4Space and Energy Saving
The Cyclone Scrubber is designed with special consideration for safety. Since it is compact, it does not take up much space, which reduces utilities charges.
Overview of This System
- ①The gas is released from the release valve to the blowdown vessel.
- ②The initially released gas is cooled with water in the blowdown vessel. At the same time, polymer particles are dumped with the water to prevent static electricity and to improve the recovery rate with the Cyclone Scrubber.
- ③The polymer particles are separated from the gas and completely collected with the Cyclone Scrubber.
- ④The separated polymer particles can be eliminated from the discharge valve by operating the shower.
- ①Compressed air is used for instrumentation.
- ②Clean water is used to prevent ignition, improve dust collecting efficiency, and for cleaning.
- ③Steam is used as inert gas.
- ④Nitrogen gas is used as inert gas.